Events & NewsWeekly activities and live performances.
Renew Your Mind and Spirit With Hi'uwai This Father's Day
June 19, 2022 to June 19, 2022
Hi‘uwai is the ancient Hawaiian ritual of renewal. A profound and deeply meaningful rite to refresh the mind and spirit that has been part of Hawaiian culture for centuries.
On Father’s Day, June 19, Waikiki Beach Walk's cultural advisor Kumu Blaine Kia will be conducting this special interactive ceremony at the shores of Waikiki.
This is a free event, but space is limited. Reserve your space at Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hiuwai-tickets-360218421997
Participants will meet at 6:30 am at the Waikiki Beach Walk Plaza Stage on Lewers St. and proceed to the water's edge. The ceremony will be pau (finished) by 7:30 am.
- Wear comfortable shorts and top.
- Participants must enter the sea (at shoreline) at calf to knee height ONLY.
- Bring a towel.
- Leave valuables in your hotel room.
- No shoes. Wear flip-flops/slip ons or something similar.
- You can bring your phone for picture taking. But try to have it remain on your body during the ceremony.
- Come with an open mind.