Many Oahu businesses—including the shops and eateries at Waikiki Beach Walk®—are now welcoming guests back with caution and optimism as the island continues with its Tier 1 phase of reopening. From dining options and events at the mall to our latest hotel update, here’s what to expect in October.
Now Open for Dine-in
If you’ve missed having a night out, dine-in service has officially resumed at select eateries around the shopping center, such as Ruth’s Chris Steak House
, Beachwalk Café
, Giovanni Pastrami
, Taormina Sicilian Cuisine
, and Yard House
. Whether you’re craving a piping hot slice of pizza, freshly made pasta, or a romantic steak dinner, Waikiki Beach Walk® has a little bit of everything. Keep in mind that capacity will be limited due to social distancing guidelines and reservations are highly encouraged. In addition, hours of operation may be changed at any time, so be sure to double-check with the restaurant you plan to visit for the most up-to-date information.
For those who love the comfort of eating a delicious meal at home, we’ve got you covered. Takeout, delivery, and curbside pickup are still available at the following establishments. Give them a call or place your order online and enjoy!
Taormina Sicilian Cuisine
The Savings Continue at These Waikiki Retailers and Restaurants
If you didn’t get the chance to take advantage of our special Shopping Pass yet, there’s still time! With a valid state or military ID, kamaʻaina and military members can enjoy a variety of discounts and promotions at participating locations until 11/30/2020. Even better, the Shopping Pass now includes two new deals:
Offering Kamaʻaina and Military Discount
Offering Kamaʻaina Discount Only
- Noa Noa: 10% off full-priced items (Waikiki Beach Walk® location only)
Celebrate Oktoberfest at Yard House
Beer lovers, it’s your time! The world’s largest beer festival is currently underway at Yard House in Waikiki with six seasonal Oktoberfest brews and souvenir steins to keep you cool from September 21st – October 18th.
1) Paulaner Oktoberfest Wiesn
2) Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest
- Profile: Deep golden, full-bodied, hoppy fragrance
- Perfect Pair: BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burger
3) Ayinger Oktoberfest-Märzen
- Profile: Rich amber, smooth malty flavor
- Perfect Pair: Onion Ring Tower
4) Sam Adams Octoberfest Seasonal
- Profile: Deep golden, lightly sweet, floral hops
- Perfect Pair: Grilled Korean BBQ Beef
5) Weihenstephan Festbier
- Profile: Rich malts, smooth flavor, caramel notes
- Perfect Pair: Spicy Jambalaya
6) Stiegl Radler Grapefruit
- Profile: rich body, balanced finish
- Perfect Pair: Whiskey Black Pepper Wings
- Profile: real grapefruit juice, tangy flavor
- Perfect Pair: Maui Pineapple Chicken
Oktoberfest beer growlers are also available through the Yard House To-Go Bar. For more information on the celebration, visit https://www.yardhouse.com/events/oktoberfest
Relax and set the evening mood with the musical stylings of Hawaii every Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. on our Waikiki Beach Walk® Facebook and Instagram pages. Tune in with kumu hula and Waikiki Beach Walk® cultural director, Blaine Kamalani Kia, during our weekly Ku Ha'aheo live stream, which showcases Hawaii’s culture, history, and traditions through classic and contemporary Hawaiian music and dance.
We’ve got a few tricks and treats in store for this year’s Halloween festivities, including an exciting game of virtual trivia (with prizes of course). Event details, such as where and how to participate, will be shared on Facebook
over the next couple of weeks, so be sure to follow @WaikikiBeachWalk to stay in the loop.
Club Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk®
With Hawaii’s pre-travel testing program starting on October 15th, many hotels are finally preparing to reopen for guests, including Club Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk®
. Located just a block away from the golden shores of Waikiki Beach, accommodations at this hotel range from a variety of one-bedroom suites up to the four-bedroom presidential unit—all of which feature a separate living room, full kitchen, and a washer and dryer set for your convenience.
To create a safer and more comfortable atmosphere during your stay, Wyndham Destinations has partnered with cleaning industry expert Ecolab to develop the Vacation Ready program. This consists of enhanced disinfection procedures and social distancing measures that extend across every aspect of the guest experience to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness. Here are some of the Vacation Ready protocols you can expect during your visit:
- Guests are able to complete pre-arrival check-in, so they can go straight to their suite upon arrival.
- Text notifications let guests know when suites are ready to minimize wait time in the lobby.
- Suite keys are thoroughly sanitized and disinfected before being issued. Guests can also call ahead to coordinate suite-key delivery to further minimize contact.
At The Resort
- Multiple cleaning stations provide easy access to hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- Updated furniture spacing encourages socializing at a safe distance in common areas.
- High-touch surfaces across public areas—from telephones and touchscreens to handles and hand railings—are frequently cleaned and disinfected with Ecolab’s trusted products.
- Resort staff will wear personal-protective equipment and have been trained on proper disinfection procedures with resources from industry-leading cleaning experts at EcoLab.
- The latest technology from Ecolab will be used to disinfect public spaces.
- Housekeepers will wear protective gear throughout the cleaning process.
- All surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with special attention given to high-touch items such as door handles, light switches, thermostats, telephones, remote controls, alarm clocks, drapery pulls, furniture knobs, appliances, and faucet, toilet and shower handles.
- Suites will be kept vacant for an extended period before cleaning starts.
Club Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk®
227 Lewers St., Honolulu, HI 96815
Book a reservation here
Like Club Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk®, other properties are also ready to invite guests back. Check out our latest Waikiki Hotel Update blog