Another holiday season is upon us, which means family festivities, Christmas shopping, and extra special events to look forward to. Waikiki Beach Walk certainly knows how to get into the spirit with a noteworthy lineup of live music performances to close out the year. At the same time, you can continue the search for the perfect present at any of our boutique shops
Here are some holiday highlights that are sure to make your Christmas in Hawaii feel merry and bright.
Celebrate the 7 Days ‘til Christmas at Waikiki Beach Walk
The countdown to Christmas has officially begun! Join us at the Plaza Stage every night from Sunday, December 19th through Saturday, December 25th for Holiday Mele, a week-long concert series filled with free hula performances and Hawaiian music. This annual celebration brings together well-known local entertainers and hula groups in the heart of Waikiki to share the sounds and stories of Hawaii during the most wonderful time of year.
12/19 (SUN): DEREK NUʻUHIWA & HĀLAU KE ALIʻI O KA MALU
- Award Winning School of Hula! - Director & Kumu, Derek Nuʻuhiwa, is a veteran police officer! As a hula teacher, he brings the love and warmth of our people from the West side of Waiʻānae. A local holiday affair! And a returning crowd favorite!
12/20 (MON): NUE! AN ALL UKULELE MUSICAL GROUP! FEATURING: HULA BY KA PĀ HULA O KAUANOE O WAʻAHILA
- Award-winning Hula Teacher, Maelia Loebenstein-Carter along with the Hawaiian musical group, “NUE” will bring depth and perspective for our generations. Maelia (former Miss Aloha Hula) comes from a long line of master teachers & keepers of the hula. While “NUE” is a brilliant trio of award-winning musical artists sharing their skill of an all-ukulele band! Christmas is filled with joy!
12/21 (TUES): SALLIE KAUAKEA YOZA & HĀLAU ʻO NAPUALAʻIKAUIKAIU
- A wonderful and vibrant traditional hula presentation by its renowned director and Kumu, Sallie Kauakea Yoza. From keiki (children) to kūpuna (the adults) you will be mesmerized by the beauty of the Hawaiian dance and song in the spirit of Christmas. Another encore return performance perfect for the holidays!
12/22 (WED): DEL BEAZLEY & FRIENDS!
- Hawaiiʻs local boy! Award winning artist, DEL BEAZLEY & Friends rings in a Hawaiian style Christmas with music and laughter only Del Beazley is known to deliver. His humor is contagious! Just right for the holidays! His music and personal style is warm, funny, and filled with the aloha spirit! A classic Hawaiian evening at Christmas time!
12/23 (THUR): PAʻAKEA AKIU & HĀLAU HULA PAʻAKEA WAILEHUA
- Kumu Hula Paʻakea Akiu stems from the renown and late, Kumu Hula, Darrell Lupenui. Paʻakea and her hula school was featured in the recent TV Series, “Hoʻōlamau.” Paʻakea comes from Windward, Oʻahu. And shares the depth of hula in this holiday celebration! From her “little ones'' to her veteran hula dancers, this is a night filled with plenty of good cheer!
12/24 (FRI): KAMALU HAWAIIAN/CONTEMPORARY MUSICAL GROUP!
- A wonderful and electrifying group of veteran entertainers well known throughout the Waikīkī entertainment scene. They know how to “wow” the crowd with a wide range of music and the beauty of hula to capture the hearts of all walks of life! Christmas Eve will be memorable!
12/25 (SAT): BLAINE KAMALANI KIA “ALL IN THE ʻOHANA CHRISTMAS!”
- Blaine Kamalani Kia, youngest of nine children who have made Waikīkī their home and their playground since the 1960s. They have all worked throughout the hotel and restaurant industry with a legacy worthy of historic value. The KIA Family shares their gift of “Aloha” on Christmas night. There is no better way to celebrate Christmas than with a family of Waikīkī! Three generations! One night! A very Merry Christmas, indeed!
Stream Hawaiian Music from the Comfort of Home
Mark your calendars for a special winter edition of Make Music Hawaii! Performances will be live streamed on Facebook by the Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame
on Tuesday, December 21st.
If you’d like to learn more about Hawaii’s rich musical heritage, be sure to pay a visit to The Royal Room
on the second floor of Waikiki Beach Walk as well. Created in partnership with the Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame, this hybrid gallery and classroom space offers an in-depth look at legendary compositions, performing artists, and historical figures, who shaped Hawaiian art and music
as we know it today.
Check Out Our Gift Guide and Wrap Up Your Holiday Shopping
Still in need of gift ideas? Whether you’re shopping for family, friends, or coworkers, Waikiki Beach Walk has something for everyone on your list. How about a Giovanni Pastrami
gift card for the foodie of the group or a day of pampering at Hele Mai Salon
for that special someone in your life?
Honolulu Cookie Company’s
new seasonal flavors have also arrived just in time for gift giving. Choose from Peppermint Macadamia, Dark Chocolate Peppermint Macadamia, White Chocolate Ginger Spice and White Chocolate Pumpkin for this year’s stocking stuffers or your secret Santa pick.
Get inspired by reading Christmas in Hawaii: The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide
for the rest of our holiday recommendations.
Park for Free in Waikiki
Shopping during the holidays can be stressful. You shouldn’t have to worry about parking on top of that. Receive complimentary parking at Embassy Suites or Wyndham Vacation Destinations from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily with a $10 purchase from any Waikiki Beach Walk store or restaurant.
Something to Look Forward to in the New Year
Photo credit: Pop Culture Artisan Pops
Although 2021 isn’t quite over yet, we’ve already got good news to kick off 2022: the return of the Waikiki Beach Walk Open Market. Starting Monday, January 3rd, Waikiki Beach Walk’s popular farmers market will make its way back to the Plaza Stage’s lawn area. This weekly event features food, art, beauty products, and other souvenirs made by Hawaii’s local artisans.
To see the types of vendors that typically set up shop here, read Beach Walk Farmers Market: Local Gifts & Treats You Can Find in Waikiki