Celebrating the holidays definitely feels different in 2020. While it is common to have huge parties with family and friends around this time of year, we’re now tasked with finding different ways to enjoy the season safely. If you’re searching for some socially distanced fun as we count down to the new year, here are some ideas that can all be done at Waikiki Beach Walk® with your immediate household.
And remember, we offer 3 hours of validated parking at Embassy Suites by Hilton or Club Wyndham with any purchase from a Waikiki Beach Walk® merchant.
Enter our 12 Days of Giveaways on Instagram
Want to win free stuff? Our “12 Days of Giveaways” event is happening on Instagram right now! We will be posting a new prize each day until Christmas Eve, so be sure to follow @WaikikiBeachWalk
for a chance to enter. See below for the goodies we’re giving out to our lucky winners. There’s still time to participate, so visit our Instagram page for details.
- 12/12: Ruth’s Chris Steak House $150 Gift Card
- 12/13: SoHA Living Tote, Laptop Case, Pouch, and Pencil Holder
- 12/14: Taormina Sicilian Cuisine $100 Gift Card
- 12/15: Noa Noa Silk Scarf
- 12/16: Giovanni Pastrami $100 Gift Card
- 12/17: 14k Gold-filled Sunrise Shell Necklace from Oasis By Kolohe
- 12/18: Roy’s $100 Gift Card
- 12/19: Big Wave Dave Single Surf Lesson
- 12/20: Hele Mai Salon Manicure
- 12/21: Blue Ginger $75 Gift Card
- 12/22: Breakout Waikiki $200 E-Gift Card (5 people)
- 12/23: One-night Stay at Embassy Suites Hotel
Photo courtesy of Embassy Suites
Enjoy Live Hawaiian Music and Dance at Holiday Mele 2020
Join us at the Plaza Stage for a week of holiday cheer. The Holiday Mele is our annual Hawaiian-style Christmas music showcase featuring live performances by local musicians and hula dancers. The event kicks off this Saturday, December 19th, and takes place each evening from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. until Christmas Day.
See below for our full schedule of performances. Masks are required and we ask that all guests abide by social distancing guidelines during the event.
Saturday, 12/19: The Ladies of Hālau Ke Ali‘i O Ka Malu
- An award-winning school of hula! Director and kumu, Derek Nu‘uhiwa, brings the love and warmth of our people from the west side of Wai‘ānae for this family affair!
Sunday, 12/20: Hālau ‘O Napuala‘ikauikaiu
- A wonderful and vibrant traditional hula performance by renown director and kumu, Sallie Kauakea Yoza. From keiki (children) to kūpuna (adults), you will be mesmerized by the beauty of the Hawaiian dance and song in the spirit of Christmas.
Monday, 12/21: Kailua Moon
- This loving, talented dynamic duo is full of talent and musical surprises! Danny & Nani Carvalho make up this sensational group and play a wide range of genres perfect for all ages — not to mention an occasional hula from Nani, a Kumu hula (hula teacher) herself!
Tuesday, 12/22: Hālau ‘Olapakūikala‘i ‘O Hōkūaulani
- An award-winning school of hula! Director & kumu, Hokuaulani Nihipali, is a young, notable hula teacher with a lively, vigorous school of hula dancers! A great treat!
Wednesday, 12/23: Tropical Knights
- This is an award-winning and incredibly talented musical group that became an instant sensation back in the late 80s and 90s! Made up of four veteran musicians, they climbed to the top of the charts here in Hawaii and major parts of the mainland.
Thursday, 12/24: Kamanawa – “A Christmas with You”
- An amazing Hawaiian/Contemporary duo with beautiful vocals and solid musicianship, Kamanawa features their “Christmas With You” album of holiday classics and original compositions for your holiday cheer!
Friday, 12/25: “Kualoa” Hawaiian Musical Group
- Featuring Derrick Lee, one of Honolulu’s most talented guitarists and vocalists with a wide range of musical expressions that will take you from rock, pop, contemporary to Hawaiian! Derrick Lee’s musical group will inspire you with the love of Christmas through heart-throbbing sounds of holiday cheer!
Try the New Seasonal Menu at Taormina Sicilian Cuisine
just unveiled their new holiday menu, Le Festivita, which consists of ala carte dishes that make a festive addition to any meal. The menu is available for lunch, dinner, and takeaway from now until Friday, 1/15/21. Here’s what to expect:
- Chef’s Carpaccio with fresh local fish (MP)
- Kona Abalone Risotto with pistachio crumble zest ($42)
- Guanciale di Manzo braised beef cheeks with red wine demi-glaze served with saffron risotto ($38)
- Mascarpone Crème Brulée with passion fruit sorbet and pineapple tuile ($12)
Photos courtesy of Taormina Sicilian Cuisine
A quick tip: discount offers are applicable to the holiday menu. If you have a valid state ID, you can take advantage of the restaurant’s 15% kamaʻaina discount during lunch, and online orders will get a 15% discount when using the promo code “CIAO” at checkout.
To make a reservation, call 808-926-5050 or visit their website at https://taorminarestaurant.com
Book an Escape Room at Breakout Waikiki
Put your problem-solving skills to the test while locked in one of the top-rated escape rooms at Breakout Waikiki
. There are five uniquely themed rooms to choose from, whether you want to try your hand at stopping a runaway train, breaking free from an illegal testing site, or saving the world from a delusional doctor’s scheme. If you’re not sure which one to try first, take this helpful quiz
Since reopening, Breakout Waikiki has upped their cleaning protocols to keep all players safe. Below are some of the measures they are taking to create a clean environment for your peace of mind.
- Surfaces are disinfected between every game.
- Game guides practice social distancing at all times.
- Game guides are to wear masks and gloves, and they are screened for symptoms prior to starting work.
- Guests must wear a mask at all times.
- Hand sanitizer is always available.
- All escape rooms are private experiences so that you are only playing with your group.
- Waivers are available online for contactless check-in.
To reserve your escape room, visit https://breakoutwaikiki.com